QC Training Services, Inc offers many Six Sigma and Core Tools courses. Some of these are Black Belt, Green Belt, Yellow Belt, Champion Training, Executive Training, Statistical Thinking and more. We also offer stand-alone “modules,” or workshops, that are related to Six Sigma such as FMEAs, Design of Experiments, Measurement Systems Analysis, Statistical Process Control and more (see the list below).
WHAT IS SIX SIGMA?
Six Sigma is a highly disciplined data driven approach to minimizing defects systematically. The Six Sigma approach was developed by Motorola, but most of the tools have been in use for many decades. The Six Sigma approach assists companies as they focus on improving processes to the point of “near perfection;” The idea behind Six Sigma is that defective parts in a given process are reduced to the level of 3.4 defects per million opportunities (DPMO). “Sigma” is the number of standard deviations from the process mean (average) within a standard bell curve, or process distribution.
Six Sigma today enjoys widespread application in many sectors of industry from telecommunications to aerospace to medical and many more industries. Its methodologies apply to manufacturing processes as well as to non-manufacturing, transactional processes.
The method behind Six Sigma, and the main methodology behind process improvement is the DMAIC model. It stands for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control. This type of system was initially developed by Edward Deming, based on the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle. Each Six Sigma Project is carried out in an organization using the DMAIC cycle. The aim of each Project is to systematically minimize defects through statistical analysis and statistical tools, resulting in significant cost reductions of many thousands of dollars for each project.
To see course descriptions, locations, dates of our Six Sigma offerings, click on any of the following links:
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) – Advanced
- AIAG Core Tools
- Six Sigma Skills – Basics (Self-Directed Learning)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) – Basics
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) – Basics (Self-Directed Learning)
- Becoming Lean (Self-Directed Learning)
- Corrective Action (Self-Directed Learning)
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for Beginners – Online
- Kaizen Event
- Lean Enterprise Basics
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) – Masters (Self-Directed Learning)
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA) for Beginners – Online
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- MINITAB Fundamentals
- Problem Solving Tools
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Root Cause Analysis – Online
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) with CAPA – VIRTUAL
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) with CAPA