This course will help to equip you for a rewarding and challenging position in the quality field.
“Liked the small class size. Lots of time on CMM.” – Dan, Minnesota
“This 3 day course was very beneficial and I would recommend this to other co-workers.” – Bridget, Wisconsin
Inspection personnel, Engineering personnel, Production personnel, Entry level inspectors, and those who would like to enter into the field of dimensional measurement and CMM programming.
It is important that all students of this course to have some basic measurement-related knowledge prior to attending this CMM training course so that students within the class are not held back. Each registrant will need to complete and pass a pre-skills examination to determine his/her experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Print Reading of drawings with tolerances
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Basic Dimensional Measurement Tools
- PC and Windows
If you lack experience in these areas and you do not pass the pre-skills test, we offer various courses that will give you the knowledge necessary meet the prerequisites in order to take the CMM course – The public offerings for these prerequisite courses can be found here. Other less expensive self-directed learning options to help the student to meet the prerequisites are available. Please call or email us for these options.
- CMM instruction by an expert CMM Programmer who is also a Certified Quality Inspector (CQI).
- Hands-on programming using a CMM training block as well as actual manufactured parts.
- Small groups (2-4 students) to allow for maximum learning.
- Open enrollment at our lab in Minneapolis, MN, or fully customized, onsite training at your facility
- CMM Overview
- Care and maintenance
- Program interface
- Probe selection and qualification
- Planning for a program layout
- Making a basic program with manual probing
- Measuring common features: planes, lines, points, cylinders, circles, spheres, cones
- Constructing common features: intersections, bolt circles, etc.
- Creating dimensions: distance, diameter, true position, flatness, etc.
- Managing probe travel with clearance points or clearance planes
- Editing programs
- Generating a printout of results