This course has multiple delivery options to fit our customers’ individual needs. Click the tabs below for more information on each option.
Training for Teams
In-Person Training consists of public classes conducted by one of our subject matter experts at one of our designated locations in one or more consecutive days.
Anyone involved in any aspect of inspection and providing measurement data should attend – production workers, machine operators, quality control, shipping and receiving, or individuals looking for an overview.
This program provides a fundamental and practical review of Basic Dimensional Measurement Tools and Methods, including variable gages such as steel rules, depth and dial gages, micrometers, and calipers. In addition, attribute gages such as plug, ring and screw thread gages are covered.
Basic Dimensional Measurement Tools and Methods builds a solid foundation of skills that workers can use across a broad spectrum of applications. It forms the basis for mastering more advanced measuring tasks to ensure that you’ll get the most accurate measurements possible. With this program, workers will master the essentials of handling, applying and reading the most common gages on today’s shop floors from steel rules to micrometers and height gages.
What good is a measurement result if it has been measured incorrectly? There are many sources of measurement errors that can be easily avoided if we know how to recognize them. We focus on common measurement errors and how to avoid them!
- INTRODUCTION – Introduction and key concepts
- Variable and Attribute Measurements
- Other Types of Measurements
- 10:1 Rule
- Temperature, Uncertainty, Unnecessary Accuracy
- Gage Correlation
- Gage Maintenance, Handling and Storage and Tool Care
- Gage Selection Chart
- Fundamentals and Linear Tools
- Key terms and concepts
- Criteria for accurate measurements
- Rules – steel, hook, bevel protractor, basic depth gages
- Use of depth gages, inside and outside calipers, dial calipers and electronic calipers
- Micrometers and Dial Indicators
- Outside, inside, vernier and electronic micrometers
- Types of dial indicators
- Dial indicating gages – calipers, depth gages
- Fixed Gages
- Snap gages
- Plug gages
- Ring gages
- Screw thread plug gages
- Thread ring gages
- Surface Plate Equipment
- Surface plate equipment
- Gage blocks
- Height gages – vernier, dial, electronic
- Micrometer height gages
- Surface plate accessories
- Miscellaneous Equipment
- Surface Roughness Testers
- Shape and Profile Measurement
- Laser Designed Gaging
- Optical Comparators
Training Time: 16 hours
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs): 1.6
Training for Teams
Currently scheduled classes are shown below. If no classes are displayed, please contact QCTS for other options.