Last Reviewed: December 10, 2022
QC Training Services, Inc. (collectively, “QCTS” or “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and value our relationship with you. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites (qctraininginc.com and qctrainingonline.com) or any other website maintained by us. This policy also describes our practices for using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Finally, this policy describes the rights and choices available to you regarding such information.
This policy is not intended to override the terms of any contract you have with us, nor any rights you might have under applicable data privacy laws.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Websites;
- from e-mail, text, other electronic messages exchanged between us
- through offline written or verbal activities and communications;
- mobile applications;
- social networking presence; or
- from other sources.
This does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from our Websites.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Types of Information. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, job title, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“Personal Information”); and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and your usage details.
How We Collect Personal Information. The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive materials from our Websites, subscribing to our mailing list, requesting further services, applying for jobs, making online purchases through our Website or completing surveys through our Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of our parent company, QC Training Services, Inc.
- Information provided by third parties, for example, companies from whom we may purchase data.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- Personalize content based on location.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie automatically collected information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
Persons Under the Age of 16. Our Websites are not intended for persons under 16 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any personal information on our Websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a person under the age of 16, please contact us as described at the end of this policy.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you, and to allow you to use interactive features on our Website.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To develop, customize and improve our products, services, or the Website.
- To promote our products and services to you.
- To consider an applicant’s candidacy for working for QC Training Services, Inc.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
De-identified or aggregated Information. We may disclose aggregated information about you, and information that cannot identify you in any individual capacity, without restriction.
Personal Information. We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of assets, if Personal Information held by QCTS is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use an “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website or an email communication from us, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of QCTS, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or our affiliates’ products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing to emails that we send to you or at any other time by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions or by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, service experience, or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Consent to Data Processing Within the United States
The Website is controlled by QC Training Services, Inc. from the United States and is not intended to subject QCTS to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than those of the United States. By using and accessing our Website, you agree and consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your personal information within the US, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of your residence or location.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Website are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.