The purpose of the course is to introduce students to ISO 9001:2015 quality management system concepts in easy to understand words. The course is designed to provide an awareness of ISO 9001 system requirements, process approach, risk-based thinking, and the quality management principles.
The course can be used to meet ISO 9001 clause 7.2 (Competence) and 7.3 (Awareness) requirements for promoting quality awareness or as a precursor to more advanced study. Job aids include a printable desk reference with all the course text information, a detailed ISO 9001:2015 checklist, an ISO 9001:2015 Conspectus (i.e., a one-page summary of the requirements) and summary of the quality management principles. The course consists of a series of lessons, illustrations, diagrams, and interactive exercises.
Successful completion of the course will result in a certificate with 0.5 CEUs. The subscription length is 90 days plus a free 30-day extension upon request if needed.
Upon the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the quality management system concepts related to their organization
- Restate ISO 9001 system requirements in your own words
- Recognize the controls in your everyday work assignments
- Determine if further study is needed
- Define what the process approach means
- Link the quality management principles to everyday activities
- Intel Pentium processor/compatible
- 800×600 resolution color monitor
- 1 GB of RAM recommended
- Access to the internet, high speed preferred but not required
- A browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox
- Acrobat Reader (free plug-in)
- Adobe Flash/Shockwave Player (free plug-in)
- Java script