ISO 45001 standard was released in March 2018 and will replace OHSAS 18001 over 3 years.
This course will present the principles and practices of planning, scheduling and auditing an Occupational Health and Safety management system.
An attendee who successfully completes the course will be able to explain the intent and requirement of each clause of ISO 45001, identify audit evidence needed to demonstrate conformity, describe the varying roles and responsibilities of the auditor and auditee.
Those responsible for planning and scheduling an audit program for ISO 45001 and those who must perform audits to ISO 45001, Occupational Health and Safety Managers and Auditors, Quality Assurance and Environmental Affairs Managers, Quality Assurance and Environmental Professionals, ISO and OHSMS Project Managers, ISO and OHSMS Project Team Members, or anyone desiring an in-depth understanding of the ISO 45001 Audit Process.
This course will help you:
- Interpret the ISO 45001 requirements
- Understand health and safety terms and definitions
- View the ISO 45001 requirements from an auditor’s perspective
- Plan, manage, and schedule an audit program
- Identify, understand, and manage health and safety hazards and risks
- Provide critical knowledge for your management and staff on ISO 45001
- Learn how to audit to ISO 45001 and create effective documentation
- Qualify additional staff in the ISO 45001 requirements
- Gain insight into the ISO 45001 audit requirements to augment/sustain your existing program
- Gain knowledge to help manage a successful health and safety implementation project
This course is certified in the Exemplar Global Certification Program and meets the training portion of the requirements for certification of individual OHSMS systems provisional auditors, EOHSMS systems auditors, and OHSMS Systems lead auditors.
As a member of your ISO 45001 project team, you gain critical knowledge to move your company ahead in today’s competitive marketplace.
ISO 45001 project team members will gain the credibility and prestige to effectively interact with certification bodies, customers, management, and employees.
- ISO and ISO 45001 Terminology and Definitions
- Background and Rationale for Health and Safety Management
- Health and Safety Hazards and Risks
- Introduction to the ISO 45001 Family of Documents
- Analysis of the Contents of ISO 45001
- Conducting an Audit to ISO 45001 (Audit #1)
- Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Systems (OHSMS) Requirements
- Analyzing OHSMS Audit Findings
- Conducting an Audit to ISO 45001 and OHSMS Manual (Audit #2)
- Exemplar Global and U.S. Certification System
- Auditor Qualifications
- Roles and Responsibility of Auditors
- Creation of Effective Audit Checklists
- Audit of Documents (Audit #3)
- Tips for the Professional Auditor
- Conducting a Department Audit (Audit #4)
- Compiling Audit Findings
- Documentation in the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment System
- Planning and Conducting Effective Audits
- Refining Interview and Note-Taking Skills
- Applicability of the Elements to Organizational Situations
- Prevention vs. Detection
- Audit of Departments and System Auditing (Audit #5)
- Corrective Action Initiation and Closure
- Refining Audit Interview and Note-Taking Skills
- Creation of an Audit Report
- Conducting the Audit
- Preparation and Presentation of a Closing Meeting
- Review and Exam