This course has multiple delivery options to fit our customers’ individual needs. Click the tabs below for more information on each option.
In-Person Training consists of public classes conducted by one of our subject matter experts at one of our designated locations in one or more consecutive days.
Learn to plan and schedule an internal audit program for environmental management systems. Develop the skills you need to conduct a successful audit in this course devoted to the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System standard. This three-day EMS auditor training starts with foundational knowledge of the ISO 14001 standard and builds on it to prepare you for real-life auditing situations—including managing the audit process and completing reporting—via hands-on workshops and two competency unit exams.
Anyone responsible for planning and scheduling an internal audit program for ISO 14001:2015 or interested in conducting first-party environmental audits.
All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems – Requirements. Copies will not be provided for you.
- Describe the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements standard and development process
- Identify ISO 14001:2015 EMS terms
- Describe the intent and requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Determine the evidence needed to demonstrate conformity to ISO 14001:2015
- Apply the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) methodology
- Apply the principles, processes, and methods of auditing
- Demonstrate the activities involved in preparing for an audit
- Determine an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation
- Apply audit skills and personal behaviors necessary for an effective, efficient management system audit
This is a three-day, instructor-led course available online or in-person. There are written tests on each of the competency units on days 2 and 3. Days 1 and 2 will cover ISO 14001:2015 along with a corresponding competency exam (EM). Day 3 will cover management systems auditing (AU) along with a corresponding competency exam.
Training Time: 24 hours
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs): 2.4
Currently scheduled classes are shown below. If no classes are displayed, please contact QCTS for other options.