This two-day course is a continuation of GD&T Fundamentals, again focusing on practical GD&T application and introducing additional advanced concepts such as the Datum at Virtual Condition Rule, tolerance calculation and more complex GD&T controls.
“My training was excellent. It was a great refresher for GD&T and I learned more new things that I can apply to my job.” – Kevin, Minnesota
“Very well worth taking this class. I liked that the class went over real life examples. Very high quality class.” – Ryan, Minnesota
“It was a very informative training with many real life examples. Also provided good exercises and reference book to take home.” – Valerie, Wisconsin
“This was a fantastic way to further my understanding of print reading, and will greatly increase my effectiveness.” – Samantha, Minnesota
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying and interpreting technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
- Introduction – Objectives, review GD&T Fundamentals.
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting review.
- Review of the more complex controls – composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames – proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design – “Soft” or “Paper” as well as tooled gauges.