This course will introduce participants to ISO/IEC 19011, the guideline for auditing management systems as applied to ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The participant will learn about auditing principles and develop skills for performing higher-value internal audits.
The course includes hands-on exercises for planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining an audit program, and also focuses on developing auditing methods, questioning techniques, and record-sampling
Reference: A copy of both the official 17025:2017 ISO/IEC standard and the ISO 19011:2018 standard will be provided.
Exercises will focus on requirements in the standard and the techniques in the guidance document.
This course is intended for laboratory Managers and Auditors responsible for the implementation of an ISO/IEC 17025 conformant management system, or anyone interested in the conformance auditing of laboratory operations.”
The student must have an understanding of the full context of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard, either via training courses or experience operating and/or auditing a laboratory conforming to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Apply the guidance in ISO/IEC 19011 to construct an effective audit program and plan;
2. Relate the benefits and drawbacks of various types of audit plans and methods;
3. Evaluate sample audit findings and relate them to ISO/IEC 17025 requirements in order to plan additional investigation avenues;
4. Review sample management system documents and records to determine conformity with requirements;
5. Practice the interpersonal skills needed to effectively gather information;
6. Assemble, present, and defend clear audit findings based on presented scenarios
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
*The class is accredited by the Inernational Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) which has authorized the issue of IACET CEUs.