This course will present the principles and practices of auditing of aerospace quality management systems as related to AS9110:2016 and ISO 19011. This course is certified in the Exemplar Global (formerly RABQSA) Certification Program, and along with the IAQG Aerospace Auditor Transition Training, meets the training portion of the requirements for certification of individual AS9110:2016 Quality Systems Auditors.
Those responsible for planning and scheduling an audit program for AS9110:2016 and those who must perform audits to AS9110:2016.
Also, Quality Assurance Managers, Quality Assurance professionals, ISO Project Mangers, ISO Project Team Members or anyone desiring an in-depth understanding of the AS9110:2016 Audit Process.
- Explain the intent and requirement of each clause of AS9110:2016.
- Discuss compliance to Civil Aviation Requirements and conformity to AS9110:2016.
- Identify the audit evidence needed to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of AS9110:2016.
- Describe the requirements of the current revision of ISO 19011 as applicable to the audit process.
- Describe the function of first-, second- and third-party, the similarities and differences, and the varying roles and responsibilities of the auditor, the auditee and the audit client each of these activities.
- Perform all aspects of an audit of a process in accordance with ISO 19011, including audit planning, document review, use of checklists, opening and closing meetings, sampling, Note-Taking, objective evidence, audit team meetings, classification of nonconformities, communication and documentation of nonconformities and observations, audit reporting, and record keeping.
- Describe the aerospace auditor’s personal qualifications and conduct, including personal attributes, audit management capabilities, interviewing techniques.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the auditor and the auditee at all stages of the corrective action process.
- Describe and undertake the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and of an audit team leader during the audit process.
- Explain the terminology of ISO 9000:2005, as employed by the ISO 9000 series standards, and AS9110:2016.
- Describe the SAE AS9014 and AS9104 Requirements for Certification of Quality Systems to AS9110:2016.
- Describe how to establish an audit path or trail and when to deviate.
- Determine an audit schedule based upon past audit experience and degree of importance based upon the type of business.
- Describe the documentation required by AS9110:2016 and the interrelationships between the quality manual, procedures, quality planning, policy and objectives.
- Demonstrate the proper use of the applicable checklists and scoring methods.
- Day One
- Terminology and Definitions
- Activity #1 Definitions
- Background History and Rationale of Quality Management
- Introduction to the family of documents of the contents of AS9110:2016
- Activity #2 Using the standard as the basis for an audit
- Day Two
- The Process Approach
- Analyzing Audit Findings
- Activity #3 Audit to AS9110:2016
- Control and Administration of AS9110 Audit Programs
- QMS Auditor Qualifications
- Roles and Responsibilities of Auditors
- Activity #4 Evaluation of Procedures and Documents
- The Audit Checklist
- Activity #5 Writing good Checklist Questions
- Day Three
- Activity #6 Preparation for an Audit
- Activity #7 Conducting an Audit
- Activity #8 Compiling Audit Findings
- Documentation in the Quality System
- Activity #9 Reasons to Document
- Planning and Conducting Audits
- Activity #10 Applicability of the Clauses
- Activity #11 Audit Demonstrations and Critique
- Day Four
- Completing the Audit Cycle
- Activity #12 Preparing for Audit #2
- Discussion – Keys to Audit Success
- Activity #13 Conducting Audit #2
- Discussion of Activity #13
- Activity #14 Summarizing Audit Findings
- Elements of an Audit Report
- Activity #15 Preparation for a Closing Meeting
- Activity #16 The Closing Meeting – and class discussion
- Day Five
- Review & EXAM