This course has multiple delivery options to fit our customers’ individual needs. Click the tabs below for more information on each option.
In-Person Training consists of public classes conducted by one of our subject matter experts at one of our designated locations in one or more consecutive days.
Those responsible for planning and scheduling an audit program for AS9100:2016 and those who must perform audits to AS9100:2016. Also, Quality Assurance Managers, Quality Assurance professionals, ISO Project Mangers, ISO Project Team Members or anyone desiring an in-depth understanding of the AS9100:2016 audit process.
- Explain the intent and requirement of each clause of AS9100:2016.
- Identify the audit evidence needed to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of AS9100:2016.
- Describe the requirements of the current revision of ISO 19011 as applicable to the audit process.
- Describe the function of first-, second- and third-party audits, the similarities and differences, and the varying roles and responsibilities of the auditor, the auditee and the client of the audit client in each of these activities.
- Perform all aspects of an audit of a process in accordance with ISO 19011, including audit planning, document review, use of checklists, opening and closing meetings, sampling, note-taking, objective evidence, audit team meetings, classification of nonconformities, communication and documentation of nonconformities and observations, audit reporting, and record keeping.
- Describe the aerospace auditor’s personal qualifications and conduct, including personal attributes, audit management capabilities, interviewing techniques.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the auditor and the auditee at all stages of the corrective action process.
- Describe and undertake the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and of an audit team leader.
- Explain the terminology of ISO 9000:2015, as employed by the ISO 9000 series standards, and AS9100:2016.
- Describe how to establish an audit path or trail and when to deviate.
- Determine an audit schedule based upon past audit experience and degree of importance based upon the type of business.
- Describe the documentation required by AS9100:2016 and the interrelationships between the quality manual, procedures, quality planning, policy and objectives.
- Demonstrate the proper use of the applicable checklists and scoring methods.
- Day One
- Terminology and Definitions
- Activity #1 Definitions
- Background History and Rationale of Quality Management
- Introduction to the family of documents of the contents of AS9100:2016
- Activity #2 Using the standard as the basis for an audit
- Day Two
- The Process Approach
- Analyzing Audit Findings
- Activity #3 Audit to AS9100:2016
- Control and Administration of AS9100 Audit Programs
- QMS Auditor Qualifications
- Roles and Responsibilities of Auditors
- Activity #4 Evaluation of Procedures and Documents
- The Audit Checklist
- Activity #5 Writing good Checklist Questions
- Day Three
- Activity #6 Preparation for an Audit
- Activity #7 Conducting an Audit
- Activity #8 Compiling Audit Findings
- Documentation in the Quality System
- Activity #9 Reasons to Document
- Planning and Conducting Audits
- Activity #10 Applicability of the Clauses
- Activity #11 Audit Demonstrations and Critique
- Day Four
- Completing the Audit Cycle
- Activity #12 Preparing for Audit #2
- Discussion – Keys to Audit Success
- Activity #13 Conducting Audit #2
- Discussion of Activity #13
- Activity #14 Summarizing Audit Findings
- Elements of an Audit Report
- Activity #15 Preparation for a Closing Meeting
- Activity #16 The Closing Meeting – and class discussion
- Day Five
- Review & EXAM
Training Time: 40 hours
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs): 4.0
This course is certified in the Probitas Authentication Certification Program, and together with the IAQG Aerospace Auditor Transition Training, meets the training portion of the requirements for certification of individual AS9100:2016 Quality Systems Auditors.
Currently scheduled classes are shown below. If no classes are displayed, please contact QCTS for other options.