This course has multiple delivery options to fit our customers’ individual needs. Click the tabs below for more information on each option.
Our Virtual Live Training classes are conducted through an online platform by one of our subject matter experts in one or more sessions.
Target learners include calibration laboratory managers, engineers, scientists, or technicians.
- Have completed Measurement Uncertainty Budgets course, OR have working metrology-field knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- Be proficient in spreadsheet use
- Be working in the calibration / metrology field
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the concepts within the Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty of Measurement (The GUM)
- List and define the contributors for calibration laboratory measurement uncertainty budgets
- Determine how contributors are considered for inclusion in the uncertainty budget
- Build a basic Calibration Measurement Uncertainty Budget
The participant will need a laptop computer (PC or MAC) with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet installed. Please note that the tablet and smart phone versions of Excel and other spreadsheets do not have the full functionality of the PC versions and the participant may not be able to utilize all the power of the spreadsheet covered during the training.
Training Time: 16 hours
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs): 1.4
This training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Currently scheduled classes are shown below. If no classes are displayed, please contact QCTS for other options.