This course is a comprehensive review of the philosophies and requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The participant will gain an understanding of conformity assessment using the risks and opportunities-based approach.
This virtual instructor-led course will be conducted in two time blocks per day over the course of 4 days, from 9 am to 11 am and from 2 pm to 4 pm Central Time. Learners will attend using a virtual learning program and will participate in live discussion and activities.
This training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Target learners are testing/calibration laboratory directors, managers, auditors, engineers, scientists, and technicians.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the process-based approach of the standard;
- Explain new concepts in ISO/IEC 17025 such as:
- Continuous Improvement (using PDCA and KPIs);
- Verification and Validation;
- Decision Rules;
- Principles of Impartiality; and
- Risk-Based Thinking
- Analyze scenarios to identify non-conformities, risks, and opportunities related to the new requirements in the standard;
- Analyze sample calibration records to demonstrate metrological traceability; and
- List the areas where documents and records are required under the new standard.