Solve problems by eliminating causes.
This course is designed to be a step-by-step, self-paced guided process for identifying root causes of problems. This course will enable participants to solve problems (e.g. by eliminating their causes). The course provides a ten-point methodology from problem definition to implementation of system-wide solutions. Root cause analysis works because it eliminates the causes of problems, so they do not recur.
The students are provided with many organizational tools to analyze systems to identify the root causes of problems. The course is intended for the person or team members in an organization interested in or tasked with solving problems and finding root causes. The step-by-step project results in tangible deliverables yet is fun and productive, too.
The Root Cause Analysis (RCA) course consists of a series of lessons, illustrations, diagrams, examples, supplemental handout information, forms, interactive exercises, and quizzes. Included is a printable desk reference with all the course text information.
Successful completion of the course will result in a certificate for 14 contact hours (1.4 CEUs). The subscription period (access time) is 180 days plus a free 30-day subscription extension upon request if needed.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Enhance problem-solving effectiveness using a model for in-depth analysis of problem situations
- Differentiate between analytical and creative thinking
- Determine problem solutions using root cause analysis
- Provide problem-solving support in situations where one is not an expert in the process or technology involved
- Expand their range of tools available for analysis of problem situations
- Intel Pentium processor/compatible
- 800×600 resolution color monitor
- 1 GB of RAM recommended
- Access to the internet, high speed preferred but not required
- A browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox
- Acrobat Reader (free plug-in)
- Adobe Flash/Shockwave Player (free plug-in)
- Java script