This course provides an introduction to Quality Systems, Tools, and Procedures for the newcomer and provides an excellent refresher for the veteran quality practitioner. The course also serves as a good introduction to quality for the individual planning to take the ASQ CQE certification exam.
Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s): 1.2
Engineers, Managers, Executives, Supervisors, or Practitioners who are new to quality, seeking an overview or a starting place to launch.
- Definition of Quality
- Why quality is important to employees, the organization and customers
- Benefits of quality and the concept of “cost of quality”
- Key concepts of total quality management and process improvement
- Seven commonly used quality tools and how they are used in problem solving
- Understanding of common quality roles
- Introduction to common QMS Standards (ISO 9001, etc.)
- The root cause analysis process
- The role of statistics in decision making and DOE
- A brief history of quality and some noted influences