The Kaizen Event or “Blitz” is an intentional, focused, usually short-term project to improve a process. Substantial resources- Engineering, Maintenance, Cell Operators, and others are available for immediate deployment. After a brief review of the basics of Lean, this workshop conveys you to the essentials of Kaizen and prepares you for the traditional 5-day event.
Anyone (particularly teams) involved in, or managing, a Kaizen Event.
- The fundamental objective of Lean
- Kaizen as the “how” in achieving Value Stream waste reduction
- The language and tools of Kaizen
- A review of Lean thinking and history
- Kaizen as a way of life/company musts
- Kaizen philosophy and in action
- The 5-day planning and implementation schedule
- Selecting projects/sources
- Project methodology/analysis steps
- Individual projects
- Group projects/team
- The workshop
- Values and behavior in mass production and lean
- Setting objectives