This course is designed to enable you to develop a solid understanding of the ISO/IEC 17025 standard and be able to plan and lead an ISO 17025 audit. An ACLASS, Accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board.
This course is for laboratory managers, laboratory technicians and laboratory technical staff, prospective assessors and consultants, and auditors of all types who want or need to learn better audit practices and want an appreciation for the technical demands of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Understand all of the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 elements.
- Cover the full range of assessment techniques and good practices.
- Benefit from practical assessment exercises.
- Gain an understanding and assessing uncertainty, traceability, and PT/ILC.
- Get practical experience of planning, running, and reporting on assessments.
- Day One
- Background of ISO 17025:2005
- Definitions, Terminology: ISO 9000, VIM etc.
- Assessment and Auditing Requirements: ISO 17011, ISO 19011, ISO 10012
- Logo and symbol use / Opening and Closing Meetings
- ILAC, IAAC, APLAC Recognition and Oversight
- ISO 17025 Requirements / Accreditation Requirements
- Document Review exercise – Clause 4
- Evening Assignment – Case Studies on Clause 4 (with majors/minors/OFIs/audit trails)
- Day Two
- Review Clause 4 Case Studies
- Accreditation Stages
- Document Review exercise Clause 5
- Auditing Guidelines: ISO 19011
- ISO 17025 Requirements
- Clause 5 Review
- Uncertainty, Traceability, Proficiency Testing
- Evening Assignment Case Studies on Clause 5 (with majors/minors/OFIs/audit trails)
- Day Three
- Review Clause 5 Case Studies and Document Review exercises
- GUM (Uncertainty) including budgets and examples
- ISO 17025 Requirements — Opening Meeting Activities
- Assessing ISO 17025 using a checklist including method witnessing / role playing
- Evening Assignment Case Studies: Uncertainty/PT/ILC/Traceability/Calibration Certificates
- Day Four
- Review Assessment Case Studies and Certificate Shortcomings
- Reporting Requirements (Reports/Certificates)
- Assessment Report Preparation
- Closing Meeting participation exercises
- Review of Standards and Assessment Requirements
- ACLASS-specific training, report types, assessor duties and resources available
- Provide Evening Assignment Practice Exam
- Day Five
- Practice Exam Review
- Course Exam (2 hours)