The course provides participants with tools to react more successfully to non-conforming events in their organizations. Participants will identify and analyze non-conforming scenarios using a variety of techniques and will practice using various cause analysis and corrective action selection processes to support process improvement.
This course supplements, and is supplemented by, the “Managing Risk in Your Organization” course also offered by QCTS. When combined with a robust understanding of ISO/IEC conformity assessment standards, these courses and the QCTS “Auditing Your Laboratory to ISO/IEC 17025:2017”, should allow an attendee to excel at preventing most common non-conformities and effectively reacting to those few incidences which “slip through the cracks” of their organization’s management systems.
This virtual instructor-led course will be conducted in 2 days, two time blocks per day, from 9 am to 11 am and from 2 pm to 4 pm Central Time. Learners will attend using a virtual learning program and will participate in live discussion and activities
Target learners include laboratory managers, auditors, and technicians.
- Attendees should have familiarity with ISO/IEC requirements, especially those for handling non-conforming work and corrective actions and have a basic understanding of process improvement concepts.
- It might be beneficial for attendees to also attend, or have attended, QCTS “Managing Risk in Your Organization”, which presents a proactive view on preventing non-conformities, while this course provides a reactive view.
After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Differentiate between corrections and corrective actions;
2. Implement steps for carrying out effective cause analysis;
3. Select from and apply various tools that support cause analysis;
4. Support and critique cause-analyses carried out by others; and
5. Implement and monitor appropriate corrective actions.
0.6 CEUs Awarded
This training is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.