This course is a practical, application-based program that is based on current ANSI standards and includes input from a broad cross-section of industries.
This program is designed for anyone who designs, drafts, engineers, purchases, manufactures, estimates or inspects parts or assemblies. Particular emphasis will be on those who manage the personnel listed and have the most direct concern for the bottom line in the design and manufacturing process.
- History of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Cost of designing and manufacturing a part
- Comparison of the “old” (coordinate dimensioning and tolerancing) methods to the Y14.5M approach
- Demonstration of the strengths of GD&T:
- As a design tool
- As a manufacturing aid
- As a purchasing/estimating aid
- As an overall communications facilitation tool