This three-day course is an advanced GD&T course designed specifically for those who must operate, program, or interpret the output of measuring devices. This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5M standard with a focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T as it pertains to measurement devices.
This program is designed for anyone who is responsible for operation, programming, or interpreting the results from a measurement device. It is not specific to any particular CMM software package or device manufacturer.
- Review the concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Expand the participants knowledge of the concepts and the language of the Y14.5 standard as it pertains to inspection.
- Gain confidence in using the Y14.5 standard.
- Recognize measurement software, hardware, and measurement philosophy strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop work-arounds to overcome measurement devices weaknesses.
- Introduction – Objectives, review GD&T
- CMM operation concepts, philosophy, practice and misconceptions
- CMM software what is being calculated per the ASME/ANSI Y14.5 standard and what is not
- Datum features of size
- Review of the Datum at Virtual Condition Rule
- Work-arounds for shortcomings
- Review of actual prints (participant and instructor supplied) including actually measuring on the CMM