This course provides comprehensive education in the proper application and interpretation of each of the GD&T rules and symbols as defined in the ASME Y14.5M. If you have been attempting to work with GD&T, and you lack the confidence to specify or are having trouble interpreting the specifications, this course is for you.
This program is designed for anyone who designs, drafts, engineers, purchases, manufactures, estimates or inspects parts and assemblies, particularly those who are responsible for specifying, interpreting and analyzing prints. Individuals desiring to become certified GD&T professionals (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam should take this course.
- Review the concepts and some of the language of the Y14.5M standard
- Enable participants to properly apply and interpret each of the Y14.5 controls and rules (i.e., how to “encode” and “decode” Feature Control Frames, Datum Features, etc.)
- Enable participants to calculate functional tolerances for position and other tolerances
- Bring participants to a fundamental understanding of Datum Feature selection, specification and interpretation, as well as proper, and practical, Datum Reference Frame construction.
- Gain a complete understanding of the definitions and the effects of Material Condition Modifiers applied to considered features as well as to datum features, including how to analyze those effects.
- Help to prepare the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.