This three-day course is a continuation of GD&T Fundamentals, again focusing on practical GD&T application and introducing additional advanced concepts such as the Datum at Virtual Condition Rule, tolerance calculation and more complex GD&T controls.
This course is also available as a public GD&T Advanced Concepts (2-day). The 3-day course is offered on-site only and involves additional training with customer prints.
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying and interpreting technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
- Introduction – Objectives, review GD&T Fundamentals.
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting review.
- Review of the more complex controls – composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames – proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design – “Soft” or “Paper” as well as tooled gauges.