This course provides the quality inspector, quality technician, machinist, parts fabricator, assembly personnel, and other quality personnel with the fundamentals of blue print reading. The emphasis is on mechanical parts with brief examples of blueprints used in other industries. An elementary introduction to Geometric and Dimensional Tolerancing (GD&T) is presented and is recommended as a prerequisite to our more advanced GD&T courses. The topics covered in the outline are presented with an audio/visual presentation followed by a quiz on each section.
This course in designed for production and inspection personnel, supervisors, group leaders, estimators, purchasing personnel, and set-up personnel or anyone who would like to read engineering drawings.
- Part 1 – Prints: The Language of Industry
- Part 2 – The Alphabet of Lines
- Part 3 – Geometric Concepts and Multiview Drawings
- Part 4 – Title Block and Revision History Block
- Part 5 – Auxiliary and Section View
- Part 6 – Threads and Fasteners
- Part 7 – Dimensioning and Tolerancing Concepts
- Part 8 – Machining Specifications and Surface Quality
- Part 9 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Part 10 – Detail and Assembly Drawings
- Part 11 – Special Drawings
This class license is sold on a single user basis. Each registrant will be emailed a unique username and password to access the course material through our secure online training portal. Once you have received this login information, you will have 90 days to complete the course. Approximate time to complete this course is 10 hours. Successful completion of the course will result in a certificate for ten contact hours (1.0 CEUs).
Need to purchase multiple seats?
Please call us at 952-746-5725 ext. 206 for multiple-seat discount options.