This course will help to equip you for a rewarding and challenging position in the quality field. It is perfect for those who have a working knowledge of certain brands of CMM and would like to learn additional brands, as well as for those who would like to enter the CMM field (if prerequisites are met).
Inspection, Engineering and Production personnel and those who would like to become more proficient in and diversify their CMM programming skills.
- Knowledge of Print Reading of drawings with tolerances
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Knowledge of Basic Dimensional Measurement Tools
- Basic knowledge of PC and Windows
In this training, participants will expand on their existing knowledge with tips and tricks as well as seldom-used functions to improve performance with respect to productivity (more data in less time) and quality (better data). Special alignments, auto features, constructed features and patterns are all areas of focus. CAD model manipulation and applied GD&T round out the planned topics, always adjusting the training to the skill and experience levels of the participants.
- CMM instruction by an expert CMM Programmer who is also a Certified Quality Inspector (CQI).
- Hands-on programming using a CMM training block as well as actual manufactured parts.
- Small groups (2-4 students) to allow for maximum learning.
- Open enrollment at our lab in Minneapolis, MN, or customized, on-site training at your facility (contact us for a proposal).
- Manual Alignment and 321 alignment review
- Working with CAD files
- Iterative Alignments
- Translation of CAD files (changing origins, changing axes using PC-DMIS)
- Creating a custom toolbar
- Using scans (Linear and UV)
- The use of variables within the program
- Generic features
- Commonly used Auto Features
- Accessing the Settings Editor
- Additional goals/topics can be broached depending on customer’s request